Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving - For Real

I know I'm a little slow with getting this post up, but here it is anyway. Luke and I spent Thanksgiving Day with my family. We had a delicious dinner at my Grandparents house. My cute sister and her husband graced us with their presence.
I would say my cute brother, but we'll say my handsome brother and his girl friend, Kristin joined us after a big meal at her families house.

My grandma went all out with table decorations. I think she has more decorations for one holiday than I do for all the holidays combined. Maybe I should work on that.
I had the pleasure of sitting right in front of this leaf candle. I don't really feel like I'm a pyro, but when it's dripping so constantly , I couldn't help but want to play in it.
I'm very sad that Halloween and Thanksgiving are over because I absolutely love candy corns and could probably eat a whole bad if you left them in front of me. It's probably good that they aren't around the rest of the year or all my teeth might fall out.
These following pictures are to demonstrate not only the regular occurances at our family get togethers, but also the raw talent that we possess. I mean look at this: hanging a spoon from his nose and licking his elbow at the same time. I'm in awe.
Tyler was meditating to get his spoon to stick to his nose. I think this was a first time spoon hanging event for him. He did rather well.
We call this syncronized spoons on the nose. Impressive I know. It takes a lot of hard work and practice. Occationally we slip up. It's hard to get everyone at the same time.
After our food had settled in our full bellies, we went to Gateway Mall in Salt Lake to see movies. Half went to see the new James Bond and the other half when to Four Christmases. I had high expectations for Four Christmases and was a little disappointed, but it was still pretty good.
Everytime I'm at Gateway, I have to jump over these poles. I think we need work on our syncronized pole jumping.
As well as our syncronized feet-tapping-in-mid-air moves. Or at least I need to work on it.
My parents even joined in the fun of jumping in the air. You have no idea how hard it is to get everyone in the air at the same time.
We had a blast jumping in the air like fools and pretending to walk away non-chelant when a stranger came walking by. I love being silly. We were all laughing pretty hard.
And this post wouldn't be complete with out a classic time-lapse video. So until next year, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

4 comments:

GreenTaiwan said...

Good work Natalie. I quite enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the pictures. Love ya.

Unknown said...

Love the post. I'm glad you guys got to come over on Friday. It was great to see you.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

You are too fun and I love that camera!

Jalene said...

Oh my gosh. Those jumping pictures are so funny.