Thursday, December 4, 2008

BLACK FRIDAY

I decided this year that I wanted to get up and go to a sale on Black Friday. I know... what was I thinking? I didn't even have anything in particular that I was shopping for. Lindsey, Tyler, Luke and I all went to Target at 6:00 am. We started in the electronics which was such a bad idea. I had an adrenaline rush for about 10 minutes and then I realized I was too tired to be up that early. It was fun, but unless I really need something that is a great deal, I probably won't be up that early again on Black Friday.

I got a short nap before heading out for more fun. The whole family headed out to a family party at my cousin Christie's house. We had a lot of fun seeing family that we haven't seen for a few years. My cousin Summer and her family was here from California and my cousin Troy and his family was here from New Mexico. Scott and Christie have a gas fire pit in their backyard - such a good idea - which we used to make s'mores. The little girls enjoyed eating them the most.

Although, it looks like Mike was having some fun himself.
They're on the west side of the Salt Lake Valley and it was beautiful from over there!
After our fun game day, we headed to Gateway mall to go shopping. We had fun joining the crowds in Salt Lake that were there for the Jazz game and the opening night for Temple Square Christmas lights.

While shopping, a question kept running through my mind...

Who decided that the 80's were EVER cool and decided to bring them back??? Seriously, this never looked good on anyone!

And while flourencents sure do attract attention, they also don't look good on anyone. This is another one of those fads that I will go ahead and refuse before it gets big. Hopefully everyone else rejects it too and we don't have to see it in stores anymore.
Once we were worn out of shopping, my mom and I went to my cousin Alison's house to make bead bracelets. It was actually really fun.
I made a bracelet call Wiggly Worm. It turned out really cute! The middle beads are matte and the edges are glossy. Being able to make something so cute made me feel crafty, even though Alison had to walk me through most of it.
Alison is really into beading and has a ton of necklaces and bracelets that she's made. It was so fun getting together with the girls and being crafty. Thanks Alison

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hey...So fun to see what you and your husband are up to...outside of church that is. It'll be fun getting to know you guys through your blog.

Unknown said...

It was a fun day. Did Luke get over me touching his shoe yet? I really didn't mean to invade his personal space.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

You are crazy to get up that early to go shopping for no real reason! That day is CRAZY!!!