Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Mug Exchange

After 5 Christmas' together, Luke and I finally made it to the Annual Mug Exchange on Christmas Eve.  It is played the same as the ever popular White Elephant game.  It was at Jon and Anji's house in Salt Lake (my mom's brother).  Good times were had by all.  
Here's Grandma sporting her Christmas sweater while trying to decide which child she would make cry by taking their mug.  
It wasn't Luke... He felt very devious that he ended up with his mug that no one ever wanted... I can't imagine why???
Lindsey took home a mug that I brought - super cute.  And Tyler had a creepy jack-o-lantern mug.
Steve took home the other mug we brought and Kristin got a cool pencil-holder-type mug.
I got a cool blue goblet.  I was pretty excited about it.  The lady Steve's right is Shari - Anji's sister.  I noticed Steve's arm is around her (Don't worry Steve, I won't tell Kristin)
My mom loved her cute little snowman cup... Lindsey did too. Creepy!
Lindsey and I hanging out on cute little cushions.  If I had a wood floor, I would totally get these. 
Jon and Anji live in a cool old house in Salt Lake by the Capitol.  There are so many cool things that you just don't see in the new houses.  Such as this awesome old fireplace.  Love it.

3 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh that looks cool! I like your blue goblet!

Marianne said...

What a fun tradition and totally different! I like the mug you brought! Also, I wouldn't mind that fireplace in my house!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That sounds fun! Maybe we will do that next year!