Saturday, April 26, 2008

Weekly update

I keep meaning to sit down and update our blog with some pictures and an update, but I couldn't find the time until now.  
I have really appreciated having a Saturday after a stressful week of work.  I handle the books and payroll for about 15 construction companies.  As if that wasn't enough, we took over a new company whose secretary quit this week.  They've been doing things very differently from what we've done so it's hard to learn everything and still keep up.  Oh fun.  

Thursday night I baby-sat for our friends, the Johnnie's.  They have a little girl named Cadence.  She is adorable and very well behaved.  It was fun to have a little one come play.  She loves Nemo. 
Thursday also had some crazy weather, as those of you in Utah know.  I personally like the snow, but some found it annoying since it is April.  
Luke and I rearranged our bedroom and found ourselves with a problem.  Since our bed is now under our windows, the light shines right in our faces in the morning.  I bought this material and thought it would make perfect curtains that would block a lot of the light, but still let some in.   
The other reason I wanted curtains was because the cat is constantly sitting on the window sills and breaking off the blinds.  We started pulling up the blinds, but I'd rather not in the bedroom.  I made the curtains a little short so the cat could still get in there.  
I felt very crafty since I made them.  What makes the whole story even better was that I almost broke my neighbors sewing machine twice.  Oops.  I think they turned out well enough.  They serve their purpose.  
My parents and Lindsey and Tyler came over for my birthday.  We had delicious cake with rainbow chip frosting.  Is there really any other way to make a birthday cake?  I didn't think so.  It's getting harder to blow out all these candles.  Man I'm getting old.  23!!!
Luke was going to make me an appointment to get my hair done for my birthday, but I ended up making an appointment for myself.  I was getting so tired of long stringy hair.  So I decided to get it chopped and colored for a nice change.  Here's some before and after shots.  
 
Here's the before and after from the front. 

Well, that's the latest with us.  And yes, Luke enjoyed his NLF Draft today.  He was very pleased with the turnout of his precious Kansas City Chiefs.  


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday. You are old! Have you and Luke bought grave plots yet? You might want to get on that!!! Haha.
Your hair looks really cute. I like it (not that you need my approval by any means!!).

Sandy Cove said...

Happy Birthday! 23 WOW!!! Really it doesn't seem that old. I still feel like a little kid most of the time. I think I felt older when I turned 16 and could date! Funny how your perspective changes with time.

Emma said...

cute cut! Love it!

Lisa and Lance said...

Hey Nata! Happy Birthday! I love your hair! It looks beautiful! The curtains look awesome too. Isn't it great when you do something of a crafty nature and it actually turns out? I love that feeling! They look great!

Spencers said...

Natalie Happy Birthday!! Your hair is so stinking cut. I am totally inspired.

Jamie said...

Your hair is darling, I love it! I thought about you on your Birthday but never got around to calling. I'll see you on Mother's Day and will bring the gift I have been working on. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! and I love your hair!

Sarah said...

I Love your hair, it is so adorable! Sounds like things are going well for you guys! We need to all get together sometime! Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Jentry said...

Happy Birthday! I love your hair and I want a piece of your cake and I love your curtains and your kitty is so cute!

Stephanie said...

I love your hair, you look great!