Monday, March 24, 2008

Lots to share P.S. Happy Easter


My little sister is getting married!  Many of you may recognize the handsome fellow as Tyler Coy, from the Viewmont graduating class of 2003 (Go Vikings!).  They were engaged March 22.  They are getting married on August 7th.  We are so excited for them! 
This is her beautiful ring.  It's in 2 pieces so she can wear either one.  I think it's gorgeous.  
My cousin Connor turned 10 this month.  We celebrated his birthday on Easter.  I think his little brother was enjoying the moment in the spotlight a little more than him.  So silly!

So, unless you're a fan of the 70's, you probably won't know who this is.  It's Livingston Taylor (James Taylor's brother) and he's famous, and I met him this weekend.  He came over to my mother-in-laws house before going out to dinner.  I really feel like this picture captures his character.  He is really funny!  Just wanted to share my moment of fame. 

My sister-in-law, Nikki (the one strangling her children) drove out to Salt Lake from South Dakota just to see us on Easter.  Her oldest, Jaiden, is 10 and Syrus is 7.  He'll be getting baptized in August.  And that's my mother-in-law observing her grandchildren's death from the background.  

While staying at my mother-in-laws house this Easter weekend, she had the most beautiful flowers.  It was so nice to see some bright colors that are so refreshing compared to this dull winter we've been seeing so much of lately.  Here's a few pictures that turned out cool.

After a long weekend (2 nights) of being gone, Mow-Mow was determined to keep us from going anywhere.  I'm pretty sure it would be difficult to move that bag right now.  

I know this doesn't look like much, but this is the future home of ... our home!  We are building a house through my work (I work for a general contractor).  Now before you get too excited, we are actually putting this home up for sale.  I know it sounds weird to build a house and not even live in it, but we can build this one, sell it and use the profits to build one that we would actually want to live in.  More updates to come.




10 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations to your Sister, that is so exciting! And also Congratulations on the building of a home you are not going to live it, but that is a really smart idea. I hope all goes well for you! We should get together sometime!

Jentry said...

Yea for getting married! That's great news, tell her congrats for me. Her ring is fabulous.
So many questions:
So are you guys staying in Logan for a long time then? What are your plans? When are we going to get together? Why do we live in the same city but never hang out?

Marianne said...

Congrats on the house! THat's so big and fun and scary all at the same time! Congrats to your sister! Love the ring! Love the flower pictures! Glad you had such a good weekend!!!

Summer Hardey said...

Believe it or not, I'm a HUGE James Taylor fan!!!!!!!!! I'd have to say he is my favorite artist. We went to his concert in Hollywood a few years back and I was in Heaven! : ) That's totally cool that you met his brother!

Sandy Cove said...

I wish we were building a house (to live in) but alas it looks like we have more apartment renting in our future. Good luck with your house building plans.

Lisa and Lance said...

Congratulations to Lindsey! That is awesome. You will have to let us know when the wedding is! I love meow meow, I need to come up and visit this exciting cat! Good luck with the house building!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Congrats on the house! We could never do that in California! Hence why this move is not permanent! My cousins did that -- they built about three or four houses and hopscotched around, selling and building, and it worked out as a great investment for them. I hope the market starts doing better so it works for you too! I bet you'll time it just right!

Jamie said...

Love the picture of my kids. The future "Coy's" look so cute, I can't wait for the big day! I can't wait to watch teh progress of your house.

Erin Webster said...

where is your new house being built? i;m so jealous! i have had enough of apartment living for the rest of my life!!!

Erin Webster said...

sorry for all the comments!! what contractor do you work for? by the way, my email is joneserin@yahoo.com...that may be an easier way to keep in touch!