Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Future Nascar Stars

I have the wonderful calling to be a Den leader for the cub scouts in our ward.  I actually really enjoy it.  It has been my favorite calling so far.  We had the pinewood derby tonight.  The kid who got first place is on the front row on the far left.  His name is Hunter.  He was so nervous that he wouldn't even smile when he won.  Hilarious!

After a strenuous pinewood derby, I headed to a kickboxing class.  I can't believe how much fun it was.  Who would've thought you could actually have fun while working out?  

My sister-in-law came into town so I met her and my husband at the local rock climbing gym.  We had some fun climbing around.  She actually climbs at my level, so it was fun to climb with someone doing the same stuff as me.  Not that I don't love climbing with Luke, but he's so much better, it's mostly him telling me what to do.  

Overall, I really feel like I got my workout for the day.  Too bad I can't be that dedicated everyday.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you can walk in the morning!
The pinewood derby is so much fun. Our YW/YM just did one of those and they had a blast.

Jentry said...

How fun that you are den leader! Where are you taking the kick boxing class?

Sarah said...

Yeah, I am the worst at working out, I try stuff for a week and then get sick of it. My poor husband that keeps buying me working out material. Something will come a long, I just know it!

Sandy Cove said...

Your day sounded like a lot of fun. I love pinewood derby's. I entered one once...it was so much fun. We should go climbing together some time soon (before Pete and I move). Oh and for the record I feel the same way about climbing with Pete. He is so much better than me that sometimes it just isn't as much fun.