Monday, February 9, 2009

A short catch-up

Since I've been such a blog slacker lately, I will just start with the most recent and we'll have to go from there.  
A few months ago, my brother downloaded a bunch of his "locked" pictures onto my laptop.  While I enjoy seeing pictures of his friends all the time, I cannot delete these pictures at all!  I have no idea how to get rid of them.  If anyone can help, please let me know.  They're taking up so much room that I can't download my pictures.... that's my maid excuse for not blogging - I just can't do it without pictures.

Yesterday I got to skip out on the last 2 hours of church with the young women in our ward.  No, we didn't go get slurpies or anything.  We had the bishops approval to go down to Salt Lake for the annual Interfaith Concert.  I was really impressed.
There were musical numbers from a bunch of local religions.  It was really need to see how different cultures express their religious beliefs.  
Two muslim girls sat behind me and it was interesting to hear some of their comments.  One of the musical numbers was sung by the muslims and the jews.  I heard one of them say, "that was probably the first time in the world that that has happened."  It made me so much more aware of the conflict between people, cultures, and countries.  We are so lucky to live in peaceful place.
While I enjoyed all the productions, it really strengthened my testimony that I am a member of the only true church on this earth.  After the LDS children's choir sang, I heard the muslim girls whisper "wow."  I don't think they were the only ones that felt the spirit in the tabernacle that night.  It was truly an amazing experience.

4 comments:

GreenTaiwan said...

Sorry about that. Try right-clicking on the pictures and then click on properties and then change it from read-only and see if that will work. See ya soon.

Emma said...

That sounds like a really amazing experience.

Marianne said...

That sounded cool. I wish I had known about that!

Martins said...

Hey Nesbits! Natalie you're probably the one that does the blog so you have no idea who I am but I'm one of the Odahlens from Rapid...Luke probably talks about my brothers. Anyway!...I'm so excited to finally get in touch again! You two look great and it sounds like everything is treating you well. I can't believe Luke is still in school. Please let him know that I've dropped by and be sure to check out our blog...
martinrules.blogspot.com
Hopefully we all get to get together soon!