Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A week of many firsts

Since Dax is fairly new to this world, he is experiencing many things for the first time. We've had a lot of fun already. Here's what we've been up to:

My dad (AKA Grandpa) came up Saturday to see Daxton for the first time. Since the swine flu is such a threat they would only let 1 visitor in the hospital to see me. Not just one at a time, only 1 visitor. Being so gracious, my dad let my mom have that privilege. So this was the first time my dad got to hold him and actually spend some time with him. I think my dad kind of likes him... a lot!
The Great Grandparents also came up for a visit. This is their first great grandchild so they were pretty anxious to meet him.
We had to do a generational picture. 4 generations together.
Dax did not enjoy his first bath at home. We tried to make it comfortable with warm water, space heater and warm towels on hand. He wasn't having it, until...
... Hair washing. He LOVES his hair being washed. I don't know if it's the water rushing over his head or the brush giving him a massage.
Needless to say, after bath-time, we have a very content, curly-haired baby.
He loves sucking on his binky. He's also very protective.
I think he looks like an old man in this one.
What a poser!
Tummy time.

It's been a fun couple of weeks. We did his 2 week old pictures on Sunday and he did really well with all the posing and moving around. I'll post the pictures as soon as I get them back. Thanks Jalene for coming over and doing pictures with us.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

He is really cute. I'm glad you posted more pics of the little man. I can't get over his dark curly hair. Love it!

erica said...

awww congrats he's darling! it makes me even more baby hungry than I already am! :)

Jalene said...

They are so cute Nat!!! I'll be editing them on the plane tomorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

He is so precious! I've been watching your blog waiting for more pictures :). I hope we get to meet him during the holidays!

The Littlest Moons said...

Nata he is so handsome!! Congrats I am so sorry I didn't make it to your shower. I was really looking forward to it, but of course we got swine flu that week so I thought it would be kind not to come! Seriously though congrats!