Monday, September 28, 2009

Retreat

Our ward did a Relief Society Retreat last weekend and it was such a blast.  Our challenge for the overnight retreat was to read the whole Book of Mormon.  We split up and each read 22 pages and we actually got it all done!  It was fun to have some quiet time reading and be able to work together to read the entire Book of Mormon.
Here's the group that was able to be there.  It was so much fun getting to know some of the ladies in the ward a little better. 
We had some fun get-to-know-you games and some great spiritual uplifting.  
And the scenery was beautiful.  This is the same camp where we had Girls Camp, only this time it wasn't raining - thank goodness.
The hike was gorgeous in the canyon with the leaves starting to change colors.  I love fall!
Angela, Hope and I were buddies during the trip.  
After coming home to a much needed shower and nap - yes, both were necessary - the excitement really started at the Demolition Derby.  If you've read my blog, you know how much I love the derby's.  Gotta love the crunching metal, flipping cars, and dirt flying in your face!
Luke even got off work early enough to make it to part of it.  
And just in case you were worried that I was the crazy-picture-taking-maniac in my family.... you're wrong.  I do like taking pictures, but obviously not as much as my brother and sisiter!  OK, well maybe we are all picture maniacs.  
Steve is now in Scotland for the next year with his lovely wife, so we won't be seeing many pictures of him for a while.  Try not to have too much fun without us.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a fun idea for a ward! We did that when I was in a singles ward... don't remember if we made it all the way through though. The getaway part sounds fun, I could really use one of those right now!

Emma said...

hooray for Derby's! Your ward sounds like so much fun, glad to see you're doing well.

Lisa and Lance said...

That is a great idea, I bet you had a great time out with the ward. I still haven't been to one of those demolition derbys. Maybe we will have to make it up to Logan and join you for one! :)

Marianne said...

A retreat sounds nice right now. Way to read the whole B of M. I remember they did stuff like that in seminary but I've never heard of a R.S. group doing that.

Hannah White said...

You look you have been having a blast! Hope all is well!

Jonny said...

Nat, you are such a cute pregnant woman! I hope pregnancy has been going well! I know things are crazy preparing for a baby, but if you have time-we'd love to have you and Luke over sometime when you're down here again! LEt me know, Love Rach