Sunday, March 8, 2009

A murder on the grill

We had a swingin' weekend in 1959.  We did a murder mystery dinner, that turned out to be lots of fun!  I'd never done one before so I had no idea what to expect.  

From left to right, Emma was Tiara Diamond (the late Tom's fiance), Scott was Chubby Cheddar (a rock star), Justin was Dan Dragnet (TV star stepping in as a cop/detective), Candice was Peggy Sue (newspaper gossip columnist), I was Bobby Sox (Tom's kid sister) Luke was Johnny Angel (a mechanic), and in front is John as Ivan Spudnick (Russian rocket scientist) and Tina was Barby Q (a divorcee with a 140 IQ.
We decorated with as much '50's decor as we could find - ignore the cell phone and CD player.
I was feeling very Sandra Dee.
Dan Dragnet and Peggy Sue
Bobby Sox and Johnny Angel
Tiara Diamond, the murderer!!! She looks so cute and innocent!
John played a great Russian.  I'll definitely take him with me if I ever get that desire to visit mother Russia.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't murder mystery parties fun? It was my first one too. I love your costumes!

Lisa and Lance said...

I have heard of these murder mystery parties before, but I haven't ever been to one. Your pictures make me want to go to one. It would be way fun to dress up, you guys look great!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That looks like a lot of fun and you guys are SOOO cute! I know that is exactly what Luke wants to hear!!!

Jasmine said...

First of all, I totally miss you guys!!! You guys look so rad in your get up. We are leaving tomorrow until sunday, so after that we are meeting up! Next WEEK! Noah is growing up without u 2, and he needs to know the nesbits. Love & miss ya

the teej. said...

You should post "Spoiler alert" at the top of this post. I clicked on your blog to see your costumes to get ideas for my murder mystery party, and now I know who the killer is. :(